Founded in 2017, Honest Greens is a rapidly growing, fast-casual restaurant group with a mission to improve communities by making healthy living enjoyable, accessible, and affordable through honest food. Daily, throughout our 10 restaurants across Spain and Portugal, our hundreds of staff produce delicious food from products that are ethically sourced, organic whenever possible, unprocessed, and free of artificial preservatives, additives or refined sugars. Over the coming years, we will be scaling our restaurant, geographical and digital footprint to ensure that our customers can interact with our brand wherever they are.
We are looking for an impressive Purchasing Controller to support our continued expansion. You will have the responsibility for analysing, and controlling of purchasing costs, data input and maintenance, and will play a key role in ensuring the future success of the Honest Greens expansion. The position reports to the Director of Purchasing and will work hand-in hand with our accounting department.
That said, the role requires more than just controlling and budgeting. We expect you to engage with our store Directors and management directly. The ability to engage and inspire your colleagues with insights is an art that you wield with ease.
Does this sound like you? Do you particularly enjoy working with amazing people, having fun and are passionate about being part of the Real Food Revolution? If so, let’s talk.
In this role you will:
• Input and maintain online database of all products, ensuring price list is updated on a regular basis
• Monitor and report on inventory controls and shrinkage in stores
• Perform inventory cycle counts, spot counts and month end reconciliation process; research any variances and authorise appropriate inventory adjustments
• Direct communication with accounting to guarantee the correct price of delivery notes, resolving any potential issues
• Actively support and troubleshoot any incidents with suppliers
• Become an expert on our purchasing management platform
• Update company on any new products that may be more efficient or cost effective, obsolete products, product trends
• Work closely with the accounting team to ensure state of the art monthly closing procedures
• Promote clear understanding of financial key figures and costs within purchasing and be an ambassador of compliance within the function
What you need to be successful:
• You are an experienced cost controller already
• Experience in purchasing and inventory control management
• Advanced knowledge in MS Excel and the office package
• Strong plus if you have experience with Microsoft Dynamics
• Experience and proficient in database management, analysing and reporting data regarding inventory issues, results, trends, solutions
• Experience in alimentary purchases is a plus
• Strong organisational skills, ability to multi-task and ability to exercise independent judgment
• Excellent communication skills, both in oral and written medium
• Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Extreme ownership, a can-do attitude
• Fluent in Spanish, and English and other second languages are a strong plus
• Attractive wage and daily perks
• Great office in the centre of Barcelona (Diagonal/Augusta)
• Free daily food at Honest Greens
• Very dynamic and challenging environment
• International, open-minded, and united team
• Hardware and tools needed to do the job
This role will be reporting into the Director of Purchasing and working closely with accounting.